Access and share your photos, docs, and more from anywhere.
Microsoft OneDrive is an online storage and syncing service that allows you to backup photos, videos, and other files anywhere, on any device.
The free version of the app offers 5GB of free personal cloud storage. In order to unlock more space, you need to upgrade your account to the pro version using real money.
Whether you want to backup your real-time work in progress, or want to keep your documents or photos in cloud storage space, Microsoft OneDrive is a great option to help you achieve the goal.
-- Backup your photos, audio files, video content, documents, and other files to Microsoft Onedrive.
-- Upload your photos automatically and turn them into albums to share with family and friends.
-- Access and share your files anywhere, on any device.
-- Review the latest version of a word document and see important updates wherever you are because of its Inter-device file syncing feature.
-- Scan business cards or receipts and even edit and sign PDFs from within the app.
Microsoft OneDrive gives you more storage space for your photos and files. Keep your files protected, synced, and accessible on all your devices. The OneDrive app lets you view and share OneDrive files, photos, and videos with friends and family for safe and free storage. Plus, you can use the app to automatically back up your phone’s photos and videos. Start with 5 GB of free storage space or upgrade to a Microsoft 365 subscription to get up to 1 TB or 100 GB of cloud storage.
Microsoft OneDrive offers the following features:
Collaboration with Microsoft
• Use Microsoft Office apps to edit and collaborate in real time on Word, Excel, PowerPoint & OneNote files stored in OneDrive
• Back up, view & save Office documents
• Share files across platforms & share photos in the photo locker
Back up photos & videos
• More storage for all of your important photos, files, documents and more
• Automatic photo backup & secure photo storage when you turn on Camera Upload
• Find photos in the photo locker easily with automatic tagging
• View and share photos on your phone, computer & online
• Free storage and photo locker will secure photos & keep them safe
• Upload videos & keep them in secure photo storage
• Bedtime Backup is a dedicated backup state for seamless photo backup while you’re snoozing
File sharing and access
• Secure photo storage for all of your photos, videos & albums
• Share files, photos, videos & albums with friends and family
• Share photos and upload videos, then share files easily
• Get notifications when a shared document is edited
• Secure folder settings offer password-protected or expiring sharing links*
• Access selected OneDrive files on the app without being online
• Scan, sign & send docs right from the OneDrive mobile app
• Scan and markup docs, receipts, whiteboards & more
• Keep documents safe in a secure folder
• Search photos by what’s in them (i.e. beach, snow, etc.)
• Search docs by name or content
• All OneDrive files are encrypted at rest and in transit
• Personal Vault: protect important files with identity verification in secure folder storage
• Secure photos, upload videos & keep them safe with secure photo storage
• Restore files with version history
• Stay protected with ransomware detection & recovery*
The OneDrive app for Android offers 5 GB of free cloud storage to sync photos and files across your devices, share photos and docs, and keep your digital life backed up in the cloud.
Microsoft 365 Personal & Family Subscription
• Subscriptions begin at $6.99 a month in the US, and can vary by region
• More storage with 1 TB per person for up 6 people with the Family subscription
• OneDrive premium features accessible for everyone in the plan
• Share files, folders and photos for specific time windows for added security
• Protect your passwords with password-protected sharing links
• Secure file sharing app with added ransomware detection and recovery security features
• File Restore: Recover files up to 30 days after malicious attacks, file corruption, or accidental edits or deletions
• Share up to 10x more content a day with friends and family
• Access premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and OneDrive
Microsoft 365 subscriptions and OneDrive standalone subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your Google Play store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand.
To manage your subscriptions or to disable auto-renewal, after purchase, go to your Google Play store account settings. A subscription cannot be canceled or refunded during the active subscription period.
Using this OneDrive app for work or school
For you to sign into your work or school account on OneDrive, your organization needs to have a qualifying OneDrive, SharePoint Online or Microsoft 365 business subscription plan.