How to Install XAPK / APK File on Android
What is XAPK File?
XAPK file is a new file extension that was originally created by APKmys. As the uploading size file is limited to 100 MB on Play Store, Android app developers find a workaround to upload seperate APK files or package OBB cache assets files in a compressed zipped folder to save the data size. And this new zip format is XAPK file. XAPK file format is mostly used by thrid-party services, so you must verify the safety of the XAPK files and make sure they come from trusted source to protect the security of your device. One of the most reliable sources to download and install safe XAPK files is the APKmys APP.
How to Install XAPK File on Android?
Unlike APK files, you can't simply download and install the XAPK files on your phone through default installer. And APKmys XAPK Installer is the easiest way to help you install and manage APK / XAPK file directly on Android with one click.
- Download and install APKmys APP on your Android device.
- Go to Me > App Management > APK / XAPK Management to view the XAPK / APK file.
- Tap the INSTALL button to install the XAPK / APK file you want.
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” setting on your Android device if needed.
Simply speaking, there are two types of XAPK files:
XAPK = Android App Bundle (base APK file + Split APKs files)
XAPK = APK file + OBB file
OBB file Storage Location & File Name Format
- 1. Homescreen > Settings > More.
- 2. Go to Security > Device administration.
- 3. Check "Unknown Sources". You may need to adjust this according to your Android models.